Those days are gone where if any kind of pain you were experiencing in your teeth, would prevent you from going to the dentist because, going to a dentist would mean double the pain.
Since the past three decades, dental technology has developed to such a great extent that teeth can be replaced, whitened, treated and cured without little or no pain.
Now most of you have teeth which were shining white at some point but have become discoloured now. It doesn’t add to your beautiful or handsome image does it?
So how can teeth which are discoloured, be white and shining again?
What are Dental Veneers?
Porcelain or dental veneers are thin shells made of ceramic which are of medical grade.They are attached the external or front surfaces of the teeth to immediately lend a shining effect to your teeth and make your smile white and beautiful again as it once was. These veneers are. individually crafted for each patient so as to fit their teeth and their exact size and shape. These enhancements are made from the material which resembles the your enamel.
Are Veneers a Good Option for You?
Teeth which are discolored, chipped, decayed or poorly shaped are the ones which need veneers so that they can shine again. They also help in covering small gaps between two teeth as well as for bite related problems and minor crowding of teeth.
What Can Veneers Do?
– Change the colour of badly stained teeth
– Cover minor cracks in teeth
– Restore chipped teeth
– Close minor to moderate spaces
– Correct minor bite problems
– Build up teeth that have been worn down by grinding habits
– Compensate for excessive gum tissue
Now let’s have a look at the counterpart of veneers.
Another effective dental remedy which not only boosts your smile by getting back the shine on your teeth but also filling gaps and restoring chipped teeth is the process of Teeth Bonding.
Teeth bonding is a highly efficient process of treatment as it provides an attachment between the material by which the tooth is filled and your tooth’s original enamel and dentin.
What is Teeth/Dental Bonding?
The plastic is hardened and then the surface is polished.
When can Dental Bonding be used?
– Dental bonding is an option that can be considered for:
– Repairing decayed teeth
– Chipped or cracked teeth repair
– Discoloured teeth
– Closing of spaces between teeth
– To change the shape of teeth
– Protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed.
Is Tooth Bonding as good as Veneers?
When it comes down to comparing teeth bonding and veneers, both of these procedures are very similar in nature and also done for many common reasons.
- However, each of these procedures share their list of pros and cons.
- Veneers help you to create a beautiful white smile more effectively than the procedure of teeth bonding.
- However, the procedure of teeth bonding is faster and can be completed in 2 visits to the dentist.
- Another disadvantage of veneers is that it is an irreversible procedure as your teeth have been permanently altered.
Dental bonding can last upto 10 years if taken care of properly.
- However, if you have very dark or discoloured teeth, the material used in bonding cannot possibly cover them completely.
These are some of the pros and cons of teeth bonding and veneers. However, to understand more of these procedures in detail, it is always better to consult your dentist or you can visit us at GA Dental and once we have a look at your teeth and your needs, we will make sure the desired results are achieved.
About Dr. Gowtham Kattamuri:
Dr. Gowtham has done his BDS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 2006 and MDS – Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics from Dr. MGR Medical University in 2010. He is a skilled Endodontist with an experience of over 10 years. Dr. Gowtham is specialized in replacement of teeth, Root Canal, Braces, Dental Implants, prosthetics for maxillofacial defects such as artificial eye, ear, nose and orbital defects, Smile Makeovers with laminates, Zirconia, veneers metal free ceramics. He also performs general dental procedures such as restorations and extractions. He also is trained as an International Patient Coordinator.
About the Clinic:
GA Dental Clinics is a standout amongst the all the famous dental hospitals in Hyderabad, owing to the world class infrastructure it has, and the utility of leading edge technology at the clinic. Besides its unique infrastructure and highly qualified specialists, GA Dental clinic in Hyderabad believes in delivering services at par with global standards.